Met Michael Kiessig at the Red Rocks Trading post feeders this morning. He reported seeing both the Golden-crowned Sparrow and White- throated Sparrow early this morning. Yesterday in early a.m. I saw both the Harris's Sparrow and Curve-billed Thrasher at the feeders. The pair of Peregrine Falcon and the pair of Prairie Falcons are still in full courtship mode as well as the American Kestrels. Canyon Wrens, Spotted Towhees, and Say's Phoebes were all singing while we watched the falcons perform. Observed the pair of Peregrines mate, then saw the female Peregrine dive bomb a Raven as the Raven traveled a circular route to get to it's nest and for the finale the female Peregrine flew quite a ways to harass a Golden Eagle coming in to feed on a deer carcass on the hillside to the south and west of Ship Rock.

Mike Henwood
Morrison
Jefferson County