Hi, spring watchers--

First of season savanna sparrow in and turkey vultures over our yard
yesterday; as well as (on Monday) 15 sandhill cranes flying arrow-straight
toward the Medecine Bows--and beyond.

I am in a Congress-style squabble over the ledges on the house, reserved for
swallows and phoebes but now demanded by house finches. Stay tuned to find
out who is more stubborn (they or I). Local male Say's phoebe visits the old
homestead regularly but apparently can't (yet) find his wife.

Linda
East of Table Mtn, north of Haystack