Cobirders,

I was lucky enough to find a Louisiana Waterthrush at Tempel Grove in NE Bent County late this morning. This bird was present through late afternoon, and at least 7 birders other than me saw it. It was marginally cooperative, flying far up and down the Ft. Lyon Canal both east and west of Bent County Road 35, and generally not allowing close approach. Flow in the canal today was minimal, and the bird strongly preferred the two areas where water flowed quickly and was clear, one to the east and one to the west of the bridge. At times, the best strategy was to stand on the bridge, and get unimpeded, but distant views of the bird. Photos were obtained by others.

I walked around Neegronda Reservoir this afternoon. I found three Hudsonian Godwits on the walk. As all three were males, I think they're different than the ones I found on 4/18 at nearby Neenoshe Reservoir. I couldn't detect any bands, as these birds foraged in water up to their bellies.

Duane Nelson
Las Animas, Bent County, CO