Ira Sanders alerted me to a slight error of the DFO website.  The information
on
the DFO website for my DFO trip on Thursday is incorrect.

In partnership with the local museum in Castlerock, we are offering a DFO
sponsored trip that day.  In order to accomodate the Museum's schedule, we are
starting later in the day than originally planned.

As indicated in the Lark Bunting (DFO Newsletter) and as indicated below, this
is the plan for the day.

Birding Castle Rock and Other South Metro Areas:  Thursday, April 28, 2011

            Leader(s):  Charles Thornton-Kolbe with Morning Help from Kirk
Huffstater

Meet ten minutes before 7:30 AM at northeast corner of the K-Mart parking lot
just about ½ mile south of I-25 and Broadway (near corner of Alameda and
Broadway).  We will form carpools at the K-Mart parking lot.    Please get
there
by 7:20 AM.

Please make clear your desire for a full day trip or half day trip when
arranging car pools.

If you want to meet us at the Castle Rock Museum, please be there at 8:00 AM.
This location is at 420 Elbert Street in Castlerock. This trip is part of a
celebration of Castle Rock, sponsored by the local historical society and
Denver
Field Ornithologists.  Direction to their location can be found on their
website
at http://castlerockmuseum.org/

Please make clear your desire for a full day trip or half day trip when
arranging car pools.

We will be looking for early migrants and other birds in the area all day
long.
This is a bit of a first time adventure, but we will have guidance form some
other area birders .  We will start in Castle Rock and then head towards the
nearby Franktown Gravel Pits and an excellent trail nearby (which may turn out
to be good for a few migratory surprises.  We will also likely get to
Castlewood
Canyon State Park.

After lunch, we will wander into other parts of  Douglas county with hopes for
the Three-toed Woodpecker and then towards Louviers.

Some participants may want to go to the Castle Rock Museum and enjoy their bird
exhibit.  This will be a all day long trip or a half-day, as is your choice.

Bring:  The day will likely be nice, but please bring layers of clothing and
coats (including rain gear), binoculars, scope (if you have one), lunch, snack,
beverages.  Bring breakfast if you have not eaten before leaving.  Also two way
radio and cell phones can be helpful to support car-to-car communication.
Bring
about $10 to $15 for your gas share if leaving from Denver or otherwise $5 to
$10 if leaving from Castle Rock.

If bad weather, come to parking lot, and we will go for it (and maybe consider
an alternative plan).

No need to RSVP, but do show up on a timely basis to one of these two starting
locations.

Bring warm clothes (many layers), sack lunch, beverage, binoculars.

Please do NOT RSVP for this trip, just show up.

Thanks much, best wishes and good birding always:   Charles Thornton-Kolbe

P.S.  Thanks to co-birds (and CFO) for supporting all these local bird trip
communications.  It is much appreciated.