While watching two willets and 5 Wilson's phalaropes (3:15 PM) along the shoreline just below the picnic area on the west side of Cherry Creek SP with long time friend and birder Bob Montgomery and his friend Nancy, Bob asked if I had seen any ibises. I replied that I had seen one flying low over the Cottonwood Creek area. Within seconds, a line of 65 ibises came from south to north over the reservoir and headed towards the dam tower; they were joined by a flock of another 30 birds. All flew west/NW and settled along the marina/dam sandbar with the pelicans and about 25 cormorants (neotropical NOT seen). 95 ibises at one time is quite a spectacle, and eclipses my personal best of 57 in a flooded field on the east side of Cherry Creek about 10 years ago. LOTS of swallows, mostly barn and tree, some cliff.
Karl Stecher
Centennial