Folks,

I was able to re-locate the Tricolored Heron, found yesterday by Randy Lentz
(thank you Randy).  But this bird is not easy to find and observe!  I arrived
yesterday before Randy had left.  We looked for about 45 minutes and had no
luck.  Randy left and I continued to scour Plum Creek for another 2 hours but
could not find the heron.  I went back this afternoon and spent another couple
of hours looking for it.  I was rewarded with a brief fly by and a separate a
20 second look of the bird searching for food.  The bird appears to be a
breeding plumage adult.  I did manage a few distant photos.  If you go to look
for this bird, I would advise heading straight out to the Plum Creek delta,
looking back upstream and waiting.  Both of my sightings today and Randy's
yesterday were looking south (upstream) from the sandy delta.

Glenn Walbek
Castle Rock, CO
http://www.pbase.com/gwalbek/2011_birds