Hello, Birders.

Hannah and I poked around Greenlee Preserve, Boulder County, earlier today,
Saturday, May 7th. In the southwest corner of the preserve, we saw and heard a
SWAMP SPARROW, a LINCOLN'S SPARROW, and a GREEN-TAILED TOWHEE. For folks who
are desirous of an instructive, advanced ID lesson, listen to the flight calls
of the three birds. They're all there, right together, and their thin, buzzy
flight calls present endless delight for the student of soundalike flight
calls. Meanwhile, it's interesting how utterly different their "chip notes" are.

Yesterday afternoon, Friday, May 6th, at the preserve, by the way, Andrew and I
saw the interesting sight of an Osprey clutching a fish being constantly
kleptoparasitized by an adult Bald Eagle being continually harassed by the same
four American Crows, it would seem, who mercilessly harassed a Peregrine Falcon
on April 25th. Sorry for the syntax, but it does get the point across.

Ted Floyd
Editor, Birding

Blog: http://tinyurl.com/4n6qswt

Twitter: http://tinyurl.com/2ejzlzv