To: "Colorado Birds" <cobirds@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Wednesday, May 11, 2011 7:53 AM
Subject: [cobirds] Re: Records Committee Process

Thinking more along the lines of process efficiency ... what incentive
do birders have to "input" sightings to Records Committee if the
"output" of the process is four years away?

Does the committee have a service level agreement (SLA) with its
customers (birders) in that when birder A submits a report; committee
B has x-month(s) to review and decide?  BTW SLAs are developed in
agreement with your customer(s) not by the service provider
(committee) alone.  SLAs also can be measured over time to review
performance giving customers a chance to say "well done" or "your
process is not meeting our expectations" offering the committee a
chance to become more efficient (review process) or review performance
of process owners (committee members) in the process.

Thanks
Gary Lefko, Nunn
http://coloradobirder.ning.com/

On May 10, 4:10 pm, "The \"Nunn Guy\"" <lefk...@coloradobirder.info>