I returned to Crested Butte 2 days ago and immediately put out Black oiled
sunflower seeds for the birds. My first 2 days I was welcomed by Pine Siskins,
Cassin's Finch, Dark-eyed Juncos and other regulars.
Unfortunately we have now been invaded by 200 plus Brown-headed Cowbirds. Not
only that but when I went across town I saw another flock of the same number of
Cowbirds.
I have never seen so many here, I am very disturbed and have stopped feeding.
What does anyone know about large congregations of Cowbirds, are they traveling
or staying?
Linda Powers
Crested Butte
Colorado