While driving around Marston Reservoir (city of Denver) this afternoon in preparation for the Spring Count tomorrow, I found an adult male Scissor-tailed Flycatcher. It was on the south side of Marston Reservoir along the fence separating Marston Reservoir from the Twin Shores Subdivision. The bird was perching on the fence, then sallying forth to flycatch before returning to perch on the fence. The location was just north of the cattail marsh and near the last house on the street. I watched the bird between 3:30 and 4:00 p.m.

Directions:

From the intersection of S. Wadsworth Blvd. and W. Bellview Ave.
1.  Go east on Bellview
2.  Turn left onto Balsam St.
3. Balsam St. turns slightly right and becomes W. Grand Ave.
4. From W. Grand Ave., turn right on W. Layton Way and go south till the street ends.

Walk south and east down an incline toward the cattail marsh and fenceline separating Marston Reservoir (Denver County) from Two Shores Subdivision (Jefferson County). There is a small swath of land separating Marston from the homes in the subdivision, which I understand is Open Space belonging to the Homeowners and where one can walk.

Caution: I thought twice before posting the Scissor-tailed. This is private property. Please be thoughtful and courteous about parking & birding the area. The homeowners could easily become overwhelmed.

Mike Henwood
Morrison
Jefferson County