Had a wonderful and very birdy morning at Bear Creek Lake Park (BCLP) today - flycatchers, warblers, & sparrows. I birded both sides of Pelican Point, the area around Fitness Station #1, and then walked around the south side of the lake from Pelican Point to the SE corner of the lake.

Highlights:

3rd year Bald Eagle chasing an Osprey overhead - saw both birds perched later in the park.
single Snowy Egret hanging out with 4 White Pelicans.

Least Flycatcher, Gray Flycatcher, Eastern Phoebe (2), as well as Western Wood-Pewee, Say's Phoebe, and Western Kingbird.

Northern Waterthrush, MacGillivray's Warbler, Common Yellowthroat, Wilson's Warbler, as well as many Yellow & Yellow-rumped Warblers (almost all Audubon's).

Clay-colored, Brewer's, Chipping, Savannah, Vesper, Lark, Mountain White-crowned, Lincoln's, & Song Sparrows as well as Green-tailed Towhees and Spotted Towhees.

migrating Plumbeous Vireos (2) and 2 or 3 Hermit Thrushes.

The majority of the birds were seen around Pelican Point and the brushy area west of Pelican Point towards Fitness Station #1.

The Least Flycatcher and Gray Flycatcher were close to the footbridge across Turkey Creek as you walk around to the south side of the lake.

The Northern Waterthrush was in the small pond in the SW cove of the lake - the same spot where Bob Righter and his group had a Green Heron on Saturday's Spring Count. I did not find the Green Heron today, although I did spend some time and effort trying to locate it.

Mike Henwood
Morrison
Jefferson County