What a treat this morning to 1) wake up to sunshine and 2)sit in the Vic's
drivethru on Table Mesa Dr. and watch a flock of Western Tanager's in the
ditch, bushes and trees!!  They were really busy this morning :)  The staff
at Vic's now thinks I am certifiably insane :)

Also, we have had an interesting spring at my school in Gunbarrel.  We have
a Killdeer nesting along the fence line of our school.  The problem is,
everytime we bring the kiddos out for recess, she makes such a scene.  She
is so camoflaged that if she just kept her mouth shut, we would have never
known she was there.  She is sitting on 4 eggs on a  little strip on rocks
between the fence and the sidewalk.  Not the smartest place to try to raise
a family as many people and dogs frequent this sidewalk.  The kids learned
the phrase, "Survival of the Fittest" this week. School is out in a week, so
hopefully she will get a little peace and quiet starting then.  Before then,
however, we have field day...which will not be here favorite.

We also have a Mallard nesting in the cat tails about 5 feet from the
preschool entrance, a Eurasian Collared-Dove pair in a tree outside of our
classroom window and of course our Twin Lake Owls.  We learn about the life
cycle in the first grade and I am pretty sure they get the picture by this
point!

Enjoy the brief sunshine that we have today!

--
Julia Bond
Boulder, CO