I spent most of the day birding at DeWeese Reservoir.  A total of 67
species were seen in this area.  Highlights were:

    Chestnut-sided Warbler    1  fem
    Magnolia Warbler    1  male
    Northern Parula    1 male
    Black and White Warbler    1  male
    Hooded Warbers    2 fem. (one had a  black nape, one had no black on
the head)
    Sandhill Cranes    2
    Sora    1
    Ash-throated  Flycatcher    1
    Eastern Kingbird    2
    Am. White Pelicans    41
    Yellow-headed  Blackbirds    5
    White-faced Ibis    28

The warblers were seen in the willow thicket below the dam.  How  these six
eastern warblers all ended up at this small (less than one acre)  willow
thicket today is a mystery to me!  DeWeese Res. sits at 7800 ft.  elevation in
a valley between two mountain ranges.

Rich Miller
Canon City