Bobolinks have returned to the fields north of Nebo Rd. Nebo Rd goes east from US 36 at mile marker 29, one mile north of Neva Rd, and about 3 1/2 miles north of the Bdway and US 36 intersection. The bobolinks can be seen with a scope from Nebo Rd, but there is better, even excellent, viewing from the north extension of 35th St. Nebo Rd ends about 1/2 mile east of 36 at 35th St, which goes to the south. Take the private road to the north about 300 yds, past a grove of cottonwoods. There is open pasture to the east and the west of the road. There are some 3-6 male bobolinks doing display flights and sitting on fenceposts in both pastures, although yesterday I saw more to the west. A couple flew right over my head.

Alan Bell
Boulder