While birding this morning in the Salida area, I found a WORM-EATING
WARBLER at the Frantz Lake SWA.  It was in the underbrush up  on the hillside
just south of the SWA parking lot.  I went back to my  car to get my camera.
It took over an hour to refind the WEWA, and  then it flew off before it
could get a picture.  I refound it about 5:00 PM  but still could not get an
unobstructed picture.  The three times I saw it,  it was located near the point
where the "Fisherman's Trail" starts up the  hillside.

While I was searching for the WEWA, I also saw a female  Black-and-white
Warbler and a male Hooded Warbler in the same area.

Other warblers seen today in the Salida area were:

    Magnolia Warbler - 1 fm seen on CR 105 in the big  willows behind the
red fence
    American Redstart - 3 fm/imm, two at Frantz Lake  and one at Sands Lake
    MacGillivray Warbler - 4
    Orange-crowned Warbler - 1
    Common Yellowthroat -2
    Yellow-rumped Warbler - still a few around
    Yellow Warbler - plentiful at all  locations
    Wilson Warbler - plentiful at all  locations

A good day for warblers.

Rich Miller
Canon City