Yesterday I found a Lewis's Woodpecker on the east side of the Canon City
Riverwalk (1/2 mile east of the MacKenzie Ave parking lot at Fourmile Creek
marker) investigating a large tree stump.  This species used to nest in
several large cottonwoods at this location until Starlings chased them
away.  This is the first Lewis's I have seen here in some years and hope
they will be able to re-nest at this location.

I also found a lone Black Phoebe, presumably a non-breeder, just over a 1/4
mile west of the MacKenzie Ave  parking lot in the location where there is a
large grate over the Fremont Ditch (where people can cross over to access
the river).  This has historically been a location favored by Black
Phoebes.  I can remember when Dave Pantle and I led the CFO field trip to
Canon City when the CFO Convention was held in Pueblo around 2004 (just my
memory?)--that is the location where a number of Colorado birders were able
to get their life or state Black Phoebe.  If anyone is coming down this way,
this is a good place to check if they want to see a Black Phoebe as it
provides close views (the others in public areas are in more distant
locations).

I also got a Willow Flycatcher near the MacKenzie parking lot of the Canon
City Riverwalk confirmed by several soft 'whit' calls.  I got a pretty good
photo of this bird that I have uploaded to my
BirdsAndNature<http://BirdsAndNature.blogspot.com>blog.

I also saw Chihuahuan Raven (thick bill, long 2/3 rd of bill nasal bristles,
throat only a little shaggy) a few miles south of Canon City (on CR79 a few
hundred yards east of CR11A) getting harassed by Prairie Falcon then by a
Northern Mockingbird that was likely nesting nearby.

SeEtta Moss
Canon City
http://BirdsAndNature.blogspot.com