Tammy and I were awakened by a singing Hooded warbler this morning in the
Aberdeen section of Pueblo east of City Park. It sang from tall trees around
our house. I managed to get a brief glimpse of it. The rest of the time it
was just a loud voice. We did some early atlasing in a block west of Beulah
in the Wet Mts today. The bird was not heard in the afternoon when we
returned from that trip. The mts are very dry but still some good bird
action up there. Had a male Evening grosbeak singing from a snag. Our first
record of that species in our block. The other regulars were back, including
Hermit thrush singing its beautiful song from a snag. We'll keep an ear out
for the Hooded in case it sticks around the area.

Tammy Ivahnenko
Rick Clawges
Pueblo