Cobirders :

     Bob Shade and myself found a new sign at the gate  into the field that
traditionally holds Chestnut-collared Longspur , SE quadrant  of  the
intersection of Weld CR 114 and US 85 . You now need to OBTAIN  PERMISSION
before entering the field , either by telephoning 970-897-2226  or applying in
person ( as we did ) to the Central Plains Experiment Range  HQ , 2 miles
north on CR 37 with the intersection of CR 114 . I believe in the  past
obtaining permission before enter the field has not been strictly  enforced ,
but
will be in future . Sometimes the CCLO 's are visible from  CR114  or along
the fence line along US 85 but today we had to walk 200  yards into the field
where we had 2 birds.

John Drummond
Monument