There are several good birds I have observed over the past 3 days in Larimer
County, they include:
Great Egret 6/10 and 6/11 - 1 bird seen at Kechter Pit (Gravel Pit on the SW
side of I-25 and Harmony)
Snowy Egret 6/11 - 1 bird seen at Kechter Pit.
White-rumped Sandpiper 6/11 - 1 bird seen at Strauss Cabin on the north side of
Strauss Cabin Road just north of Harmony. This is the same area that Steve
Mlodinow saw one a week or two ago. I am assuming this is a different bird as I
have been checking that location fairly consistently for the past month trying
to find one there as the habitat looks good.
Caspian Tern 6/10 and 6/11 - 2 birds yesterday and 1 seen today at Kechter Pit,
Nick Komar saw one diving in a small pond today just east of I-25 directly
across from this area.
Red-eyed Vireo 6/11 - 1 singing on private property while Nick and I were doing
a bird survey. This property is in Laporte and it has a lot of great riparian
habitat next to the Poudre River.
Yellow-throated Warbler 6/9 - Singing in a row of trees 100 yards south of
Cattail Pond.
Ovenbird 6/11 - 1 bird singing on territory at the private ranch near Laporte.
Rose-breasted Grosbeak 6/11 - 1 adult male seen at the Laporte private ranch
with an unknown female (Rose-breasted, Black-headed, or Hybrid). Also saw a
male
hybrid Rose-breasted x Black-headed Grosbeak.
Indigo Bunting 6/11 - 1 male singing on territory at the Laporte private ranch.
Bobolink 6/9 - At least 4 males and 2 females on territory just south and east
of Cattail Pond. This is the 3rd year in a row I have had them at this location
and also the 5th year out of the past 8 years.

Cole Wild
Loveland