Birders,

On Saturday, June 11, Tom Halverstadt lead a group into a presently closed
area of the DuPont Property in Louviers that may soon be open as Dougco Open
Space.  We were looking for Yellow-billed Cuckoo that he had seen there
fairly regularly as of late.  We found them and are pretty sure they will
nest as copulation was observed.

Now, on to the oriole.

We found an oriole singing that sounded to me to be somewhere between an
Orchard and a Baltimore.  To me it was more like a Baltimore.  The head was
turning black but the upper breast was barely tinged with the brick red of
an Orchard but the lower breast and belly looked yellowish orange.  When it
flew the rump was the greenish of an Orchard.  The pictures I got are not
clear as to whether or not it has wing bars or shoulder marks.

I have some poor pictures of it if anyone wants to take a shot at it.

Ira Sanders

Golden, CO