Yea!  All four phoebes fledged!  One left yesterday and I saw him being fed
by parents two houses away.  The last three crawled back into their nest
last night and then fledged this morning!  I saw them being fed in various
places in the yard by parents all day.  That is nearly 3 months worth of
yard birding from the time they started checking out my nest boxes in early
April to fledging all four chicks!  They are remarkable flyers compared to
many newly fledged bird sp, and were easily able to fly from the ground
straight up to their nest box, a distance of about 12 ft.  Unfortunately,
they might have a 0 to 50% survival rate out in the real world.  I will hope
for the best for them.

http://www.kayniyo.com/birds_flycatcher.htm

Kay

Kayleen A. Niyo, Ph.D.