Birders,

Last night before the DFO meeting at the DMNS, some friends and I were
enjoying the rose garden and hundreds of Canada Geese on the west side of
the museum when we began seeing small white egrets flying in to the far side
of the distant Ferril Lake.  We watched more than 30 fly in from the south
and land on the far shoreline.  We had no bins with us, but Larry Modesitt
stopped to see what we were looking at and ran back to his car and got his.
We figured they had to be either Snowy Egrets or Cattle Egrets, both of
which are listed as nesting at Barr L in the BBA book.  They had long thin
stretched-out necks as they approached for landing, so we thought maybe they
were Snowy Egrets.  Does anyone know if they have nested in that area or
nearby, or are they migrants?  You can reply off line.  Thanks.

Kay

Kayleen A. Niyo, Ph.D.
Niyo Scientific Communications
Kay Niyo Photography