Hello All,
After reading Robert Martinez's birding adventures along Plum Creek (and the COBirds rules) I am compelled to share with the group what many may generally already know. The Colorado Water Conservation Board (CWCB) and 15 water suppliers are proposing reallocating the water storage space in Chatfield reservoir. Their preferred alternative, supported by the CWCB, will potentially raise the reservoir level by 12 feet. This elevation increase will inundate approximately 3/5 of a mile of lower Plum Creek. I'm assuming the birding area where Robert was will be under water. There are also other bird habitat impact areas along the South Platte River, Deer Creek, and along the cottonwood/reservoir intersections. This public information is viewable at www.chatfieldstudy.org as well as maps of the studied alternatives, and the 15 water suppliers that many fellow cobirders may be represented by. While the Draft Environmental Impact Statement release date is not certain, it may be out this September or October for public review.

Glenn Rodriguez
Denver Colorado