I just saw a Mountain Chickadee on a sunflower seed head.  This is the first
I have seen this season.

I saw 2 Pine Siskins in my sunflower garden today, pretty much right on time
to return from to the lowlands.  This week I have watched fledgling Lesser
Goldfinch beg to be fed while perched in front of a sunflower seed head, and
while adults ignored the begging most of the time while they gorged
themselves on fresh seeds (isn't food you pick yourself always best) they
would give in occasionally and stuff a seed in the young's beak.

I have had a lot of turnover of hummingbirds since the beginning of the
month and the weather change.

SeEtta Moss
Canon City
Personal blog