It was our second-coldest day for the season at Ridgway State Park, and
after a glorious sunrise it remained overcast all morning.  Activity was
similar to the previous day, with an early-morning lull followed by a steady
trickle of birds.  Ultimately, we banded 14 new birds, and we caught 3 birds
that had been banded on previous days.  It was our first day without any new
species.  Interestingly, one of the individuals that returned to our nets
was a Wilson’s Warbler that had earlier been very lean, and today it was
bulging with fat.  This brings our total number of banded birds to 86 while
the number of species remains at 20.

Amber Carver

Rocky Mountain Bird Observatory

Ridgway State Park