I counted birds for the annual Pueblo County Fall Bird Count today, around
Pueblo Reservoir, Rock Canyon, Valco Ponds, Turkey Creek, Swallows, and Pueblo
West.

I didn't find anything as good as Pueblo County's first ever Le Conte's Sparrow
that Bill Maynard found today, though there were a few highlights.

This morning, there was a juvenile Sabine's Gull at Pueblo Reservoir off
Sailboard launching area.  There was also a Black Tern flying around the
Reservoir today.

In Rock Canyon, David Chartier and I saw 6 Townsend's Warblers, 1 Eastern
Phoebe, 2 Black Phoebes, and a Bobcat.

After David left later in the morning, I walked the Valco Ponds side of the
river, west of Valco Ponds parking lot, the highlights were 3 Eastern Phoebes,
2 Black Phoebes (different birds that the ones in Rock Canyon), also a late
Orchard Oriole, and an Ash-throated Flycatcher.  Also, there was a large red
racer (coachwhip) snake.

At Turkey Creek this afternoon on the west side of Pueblo Reservoir, I finally
found some kingbirds, which included 2 Cassin's Kingbirds, and 5 Western
Kingbirds.

I only saw 74 species today, it was kind of quiet, though it did get windy.

Good birding.

Brandon Percival
Pueblo West, CO