I also should have mentioned that we did find a three-toed woodpecker
at Rocky Mountain National Park yesterday.  We got some decent pics.
Unfortunately I have no idea of the exact location.  A fellow birder
from here was driving us around.  It was a little pullout with a
single picnic table.  There were some extremely confiding gray jays
and nutcrackers at the sight that seemed to be keen on trying to share
our food.

The pine trees closest to the road is where we found the woodpecker.

We came in to the park on the canyon side and not long after the
canyon we found an American Dipper in the river, which was a great
treat for us. We went up the dirt path to trail ridge road and on this
path we found Williamson's sapsucker almost to the top before the
trees ended.

Those were the highlights. Other great birds were seen, but those were
the best.

Karen Horn
Cypress, Tx