Greetings All,

I spent an arduous day hitting various spots in Boulder and Weld County
Shorebirds seem to have sped off in front of the cold snap
Panama Res had EXCELLENT viewing at sunrise, as the sun is at least partly
behind you as you look at the main mudflat area, and heatwaves are minimal.
Alas, the only shorebirds I could find there were 45 Killdeer. Two CASPIAN
TERNS, though, did make the stop worthwhile. There were also 9 LESSER CANADA
GEESE (parvipes subspecies of Canada Goose), my first of the fall.

Beebe Draw is without good habitat and without shorebirds.
Lower Latham shorebird areas are low in water, but should have held more than
the 4 Least, 1 Baird's, and 2 Western Sands that were there.
Water levels are high at both Weld CR 59 ponds and at Loloff. Loloff did have a
handful of Wilson' Phals and 4 Greater and 1 Lesser Yellowlegs: yes, it was
that slow.

Union Res was full of birds including 1800 coots, and > 1000 grebes, of which
approx 420 were Clark's (and 3 were Horneds).

Good Birding
Steve Mlodinow
Longmont CO