-----Original Message----- From: Joe Mammoser
Sent: Friday, October 07, 2011 1:15 PM

I went to Timnath Reservoir this morning early to see what may be
there in the way of shorebirds.In total  I scanned the north-east
corner, the north shore, the north-west corner, the west shore, and
the south-east corner.
I spotted the following:

Killdeer - dozens
Least Sandpiper - 3
Bairds Sandpiper - at least 1-2
Sanderling- 3

In the south-east corner I also located a male PECTORAL SANDPIPER
(perhaps the mystery shorebird that Nick Komar and Cole Wild saw). It
approached the size of the Killdeer, but the white sides to the rump
(not u-shaped white rump of a Ruff) and the demarcated breast line and
the whitish supercilium are diagnostic field marks.