Along with Michael Kiessig and Mike Foster I was surprised to see and watch a Sage Sparrow (interior race) make it's way down a foot path in Bear Creek Lake Park (BCLP) this morning about 10:00 A.M. This is the only Sage Sparrow I have observed at BCLP in my 5-6 years of birding the park and is a new bird for the BCLP checklist. The bird was observed near the beginning of the Cottonwood Trail, which begins at the northeast corner of the dirt parking lot above Pelican Point. Other birds of note included a small group of Yellow-rumped Warblers (with at least one Myrtle's).

Mike Henwood
Morrison
Jefferson County