I can't believe it, but it is already time to start planning for the
Christmas Bird Counts (CBC).  The Fort Collins CBC, the longest
continuously running CBC in Colorado, will be conducted Saturday,
December 17th this year.  Many areas already have designated leaders,
but we usually will have few areas not covered.  Let me know if you
are planning to attend and would like to be a designated leader for an
area or ride with someone that is.  If the latter, I will get you in
contact with someone who is in need of additional bodies for their
count area.  This is an enjoyable day followed by a compilation dinner
where we tally all of the species seen or heard.  We will be shooting
to get more than 100 species, but much of this will depend on weather
and number of people conducting the count.

If you are interested in joining us this year, please let me know
prior to the count for planning purposes. For people that want to do
it at the last minute, I plan on meeting at Perkins in old town at
6:00 am and assign people to areas.  We probably will depart just
before 7:00  However, many groups are set and begin in their
designated area without meeting before hand and that is why it would
be better to contact me beforehand so that I can arrange someone to
ride with.  Logistics for the compliation dinner still need to be
worked out, but I will make sure everyone is informed of it.  I will
send out more information on this list as it becomes available,
probably early December.

Thanks

Thomas Hall
Livermore, CO