Cobirders:

Sunday 10/16/11 was a beautiful morning banding at Clear Springs Ranch
(CSR).*
The birds were fairly typical for this time of the season, except for the
late Lazuli Bunting.
We banded 32 new birds of 11 different species.
We had 4 recaptures from earlier this Fall, plus one Gambel's White-crowned
Sparrow banded as an After-Hatch Year Sex Unknown on 10/23/10

Our list:
Ruby-crowned Kinglet, 3
Lincoln's Sparrow, 2
Gambel's White-crowned Sparrow, 13
Song Sparrow, 2
Hermit Thrush, 1
Clay-colored Sparrow, 1
Orange-crowned Warbler, 1
Wilson's Warbler, 1
Lazuli Bunting, 1
Spotted Towhee, 4
Chipping Sparrow, 3

Species 11

Plus Recaptures:
This Fall, Local: Hermit Thrush 1, Gambel's White-crowned Sparrow 2.
1 Gambel's White-crowned Sparrow Banded at CSR 10/23/10 as an
After-hatch-year Unknown

Best wishes,
Dave

David M Elwonger
Master Bird Bander and Naturalist
Who roosts at 8500' near Woodland Park CO

*Clear Springs Ranch is an area managed by Colorado Springs Utilities, about
10 miles south of Colorado Springs.
Take I25 to exit 123, follow signs to parking lot east of side of freeway.
It is open on a limited basis (walk-in only) to the general public.