Hello, Birders.

The first-ever, first-annual GREAT BOULDER CAPER will be held this coming
Sunday, November 27th.

And what, pray tell, is The Great Boulder Caper? Well, do you remember
20th-century progressive dinner parties? That's okay, I don't remember them
either. But I think The Great Boulder Caper is basically the same idea. You
join us for as much or as little of the day as you want to. We'll start at
Walden Ponds at 7am, we'll finish at Valmont Reservoir at 5pm, and in between
we'll somehow get up to Allenspark and lots of other places. We'll go where the
spirit moves us--and where the Rare Bird Alert commands us.

A few spots are still open for this event. If you'd like to attend, please
e-mail me (tedfloy...@hotmail.com), and I'll get you set up with additional
details.

I oughtta note that the pacing and tempo of The Great Boulder Caper will be one
of "casual intensity." We'll cover a fair bit of ground--on foot as well as by
car. But we'll also stop to smell the roses; or, at least, to admire the
rosy-finches... Why, we might even break for lunch!

This outing is sponsored by Denver Field Ornithologists and the American
Birding Association, and it is free and open to the public. Beginners and
curiosity-seekers are especially welcome. Again, RSVP, by e-mail to me
(tedfloy...@hotmail.com), is required. Get additional details here:

http://tinyurl.com/3frncsb

Hope to see you on Sunday!

Ted Floyd