From: coloradodip...@aol.com
Sent: Wednesday, November 23, 2011 8:31 AM
To: cobirds@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [cobirds] Re-attacking a dead horse-- when did anyone last see or
look for the Rufous-collared Sparrow ?

Dave et al.:

The last eBird report of the Rufous-collared Sparrow in Georgetown is from 3
September.  However, neither the bird's continued presence nor its absence in
any way solves the quandary.

If it's absent, it could have
- moved 0.25 miles and be unfindable
- been eaten by a cat
- been eaten by a Sharp-shinned Hawk
- been captured by someone looking for a pretty bird in a cage.

If it's present, well, it would still be present.

Enjoy,

Tony Leukering
Villas, NJ

 Re-attacking a dead horse-- when did anyone last see or look for the
Rufous-collared Sparrow ?
  Dave Cameron <davedn...@msn.com> Nov 22 05:06PM -0800

  This past spring, opinions on the origins and countability of the
  Rufous-collared Sparrow polarized as quickly as the viability of Tim
  Tebow, as you all know. I wondered today, when was the last time
  anyone saw it? Or, when was the last time anyone went to look for and
  did not see it? Barring being eaten by a cat, its continued presence,
  or sudden disappearance around the time of fall migration, might rouse
  additional speculation.

  Please post any responses here on the board publically.

  Dave Cameron
  Denver