The adult basic RED-THROATED LOON  was still present this afternoon at Hamilton
Reservoir (Rawhide Power Plant), north of Buckeye Road west of I-25 Exit 288
(Larimer County).  Today, viewing from the Observation Overlook on the south
side of the res and looking across to the plant, it was somewhat left of the
big stack, in loose association with about 20 Western Grebes.  The grebes are
about the same size, with the loon being slightly thicker-necked and
longer-bodied, and always with that bill pointed slightly upward.  Their diving
may be another point of differentiation from long distance, with the grebes
being quicker and "getting air" on the way in, the loon just rolling into the
dive.

If anyone knows of previous Larimer County records for this species, I would
appreciate hearing details.  Thanks.

Other birds of note at Hamilton Res today were:
Redhead (1 female)
Ross's Goose (I think, 1 white a long ways off east of the stack with
Canada/Cackling Geese)
Snow Goose (1 blue)
Bald Eagle (1 adult)
Horned Grebe (15+)