As Mark said, a concerted cooperative effort by numerous birders to observe the
Little Gulls this afternoon (after 2 pm) failed. I think the juv. was last seen
flying towards the east at about 1:30. I don’t know when the adult was last
seen. As no one has posted links to photos of these rare gulls, I am offering
my witness (poor quality) shots from 1 December. I’m sure better ones are out
there. Birders at other lakes tomorrow should watch for these, as I believe
they have left Union Res. If they reappear at Union, they may be moving back
and forth to another location, perhaps a nocturnal roost spot.

Here is the link to the photos: http://www.pbase.com/quetzal/ligu12012011

Nick Komar
Fort Collins CO