The RED-THROATED LOON reported earlier is still present at the Rawhile Power
Plant water supply called Hamilton Reservoir, west of I-25 Exit 288 on Buckeye
Road.  It was seen today about noon from the overlook on the south side of the
res looking straight north to the plant with the big smokestack.

Also present along the dam (east of the overlook) was a much bigger, darker
Common Loon.

Per usual for this res heavily infused with warm water from the power plant
turbines, the res is completely ice free and I noticed several grebes and
goldeneyes eating fish.  So maybe the prey base has improved from recent years.
 Hopefully the loons will stick around for the CBC.

Dave Leatherman
Fort Collins