Hi Everyone--

Today 12/10 was a nice day to be out. I spent most of the day around
Chatfield Reservoir. The long-staying Brant were at the Plum Creek delta,
just north of the picnic area. I scanned the liquid section of the reservoir
from the marina spit and from the heron lookout. I saw hundreds of Common
Mergansers, two Red-breasted Mergansers, one Common Loon, and zero jaegers.
I understood that the Rusty Blackbirds were out beyond where the Brant were,
but the Brant were busy chewing on leaves along the shore of Plum Creek, so
I did not attempt to walk past them. One of them reminded me of a child
eating spinach.

Mark Miller
Longmont, CO