Did two laps around Aurora Reservoir after 3:30 p.m. yesterday on my bike, and
saw a great horned owl in a cottonwood in the NE cove and a Walmart bag in a
low bush that, from 100 yards, looked like the snowy owl. Alas, no bird. I
parked a half-hour near the building in SE reservoir cove where the bird had
been seen, and was shooed out by a park ranger at 5:30 p.m., when the reservoir
closes to the public. The ranger told me the bird hadn't been seen there in two
days.

By the way, a bike is a fun way to cover a lot of ground out there on a good
path.

Mark Obmascik
Denver, CO