Hi all,

This morning myself, Gary Mathews and Judie Wright saw two Snowy Owls one on
144th and the other on the road just to the west. The owl west was darker and
smaller.

I have some good photos and video of that owl. Those of you who are on
facebook, you can see the photos on my facebook page.

I located the first owl on the west side of 144 just west of a telephone pole
with the numbers 35 on it.  It was too far out to get any good photos.

We then drove the next road to the west to find the second owl. As we
photographed it the bird didn't move until a second and third car approached,
then the bird appeared to get a bit agitated, so we left.

When you find an owl during the day, please remember a few things.

1) Stay quiet. No matter how far you are from the bird, if you can see it, can
most likely hear and see you.
2) Drive past the bird slightly so you're not directly in front of it, and use
your car as a blind.
3) Give the owl a way out. If there are multiple cars, all park together and
again remain quiet (whisper).
3) As you get out or into your car, open and close your doors quietly.
4) Don't point at the bird.
5) If the bird starts to move or turn away from you, leave.

These birds are presumed quite hungry and possibly starved. They don't to use
any excess energy to get away fom us. They need to fatten up so they can make
the migration north this spring.

If the bird does not move from it's perch as your watching it, you have done
the right thing.

I don't mean to offend anyone this is just a few thoughts

Scott Rashid
Estes Park