Cobirders:

The immature snowy owl was visible north of  138th  Ave. and west of Harvest
Road Sunday afternoon.  He was so well camouflaged against the grass, I
never would have seen him without the help of Bill Carter, who had him in
the scope when I arrived a little after 4 p.m. Sunday.

I stayed until dusk  and he turned his head, revealing the snowy white face
several times, but never took off.

As you look north from 138th Avenue, look for a fence line that goes along a
gas easement.  The straw-colored grass is thicker along this line with bare
ground and thinner stalks of grass in front.  The fence posts are on a
slight ridge, but the view is against more land, not the skyline, so he
blended in well.

He was about 300 yards away, west (left)  of a small fenced enclosure and to
the right of Long's Peak.

Of course, he may not be in that exact spot tomorrow, but it gives an idea
of where to look.  This was a life bird for me!  So glad he/she has
survived.

Good Birding,

Peggy Gonder

Westminster, CO 80031