Hi all,

First:  apologies for the late posting, couldn't get onto my computer until
this evening, and nothing too dramatic to report..

Spent yesterday birding the Denver area. Well worth the 450miles of driving
to enjoy the great variety and great views of the gulls on the Broomfield
Ponds

Highlights included:

Bear Creek Lake Park

Harris's Sparrow 1 by boat launch at 8am

Red Rocks Park - feeders at the Trading Post

Golden-crowned Sparrow

Ca.30 Rosy Finches, mainly Gray-crowned

3 Hepburn's

1 Brown-capped

2 Black

Anthem Pond (Bromfield) 10:15am - midday, and again 2.15-2:30pm

Birds that cycled thro' included..

2  first cycle Glaucous Gulls

5+ Thayer's Gulls (2 adult, 3 first cycle)

20+ Herring Gulls

100's Ring-billed Gulls

(+ad Lesser Black-backed Gull seen by Joe Roller et al before I arrived)

Siena Pond (Broomfield) midday-2.10p and  2.40p-4.15p

2 Glaucous Gulls (a very small adult and a 1cy)

8+Thayer's Gulls (3 ads, 4 1cy and a 2cy)

Kumlien's Gulls? Ad (flight only - no photos) and a 1cy type - tho' I think
the latter is likely a hybrid Thayer's x Iceland/Kumlien's - excellent
perched photos and OK'ish flight shots

30+ Herring Gulls, 100's Ring-billed Gulls

Ross's Goose

Hybrid Ross's x Cackling Goose ?

No Greater Black-backs, nor Glaucous-winged..

And a ton of other good birds I didn't even make time to look for (Greater
Roadrunner, Snowy Owl, Long-tailed Duck...)

PLUS.. Had to be back in Snowmass for my appointment with the Rosy Finches
this morning.

Lots of driving on a cold and  snow-packed I70  where it was a chilly -4 on
Vail Pass at 6pm