This evening, I decided that it was time to break the quarantine from being
couped up for 4 days with a really bad cold, so I went out at 4:15pm along
the trail west from 35th Avenue (Greeley) and the Poudre, and to my
surprise there were 3 bald eagles standing on the ice watching the ducks on
that first lake.  I walked a total of about 150 yards up the trail,
observing the usual ducks, and observed a great blue heron flying over the
trail ahead of me.  On my way out (I could not stay out long), I saw a bird
fly to the edge of a tree and I had a good vantage point to watch it for
some time, not believing that it was what I first thought it might be.
But, after awhile, I did determine that it was a loggerhead shrike.  While
driving away, another immature bald eagle flew fairly low over the car.
Great reward for just 25 minutes.
Rick Reeser
Greeley