The "dark" Snowy Owl was present this morning between at least 8 and 10am east
of Harvest Road about midway between 144th and 138th, perched on the ground
near a piece of white, squared-off concrete.  It had been seen earlier in the
morning right along Harvest Road.  Several people I did not know had seen or
were viewing the bird when I left around 10am.

I would mention once again that some of "us" have not behaved very well, and
one local I talked to was very tired and upset with both "us" and the owls.
Please stay on the side of public roads, DO NOT WALK IN THE FIELDS, DO NOT
DRIVE IN THE FIELDS, DO NOT GO UP TO PEOPLE'S HOUSES TO ASK FOR PERMISSION FOR
ANYTHING OR BECAUSE YOU WONDER IF THEY KNOW ABOUT THE OWL.  When I somewhat
calmed the guy down and he admitted it wasn't all of "us", he reminded "us"
that people drive up and down Harvest Road at high speeds and we are in harm's
way, particularly when our cars are parked on one side of the road and then we
wander around on foot on the road, or set up scopes on the side of the road
thru traffic is forced to traverse on account of our parked cars being on the
other.  Just be sensitive to the folks who live and work out there.  They
wouldn't be living out there if they liked lots of people, especially lots of
people doing crazy things that are either flat illegal or that they don't
really understand.

Dave Leatherman