Birders,

This is posted with the permission of the moderator.

Several times over the last several months I have replied to requests for
information on Cobirds only to have the information I supplied sent back to
me with the notice:

" I apologize for this automatic reply to your email.  To control spam, I
now allow incoming messages only from senders I have approved beforehand.

If you would like to be added to my list of approved senders, please fill
out the short request form (see link below). Once I approve you, I will
receive your original message in my inbox. You do not need to resend your
message. I apologize for this one-time inconvenience.

Click the link below to fill out the request:"

I have deleted the link to protect the name of the latest guilty party.

I for one, and others have told me the same, feel this is rude and
insulting.  I will NOT jump through these hoops to get information to people
who are asking for our help and then expect us to take even more of our time
to see that they get the information THEY           have requested.

If you want help from birders who post to Cobirds, then either modify or
completely drop your filters.

I will not take any more time to try and help you if you don't.

Ira Sanders

Golden, CO