Today around 3:30pm my family and I decided to go to Horseshoe Lake in
search of ducks and rare gulls, this is what we found:
 95 Ring-billed Gulls
4 Herring Gulls (3 Adults and one Juv. Bird)
1 Greater Black-backed Gull (Adult male on the West section of the
lake in with a flock of about 60 RB Gulls)
1 possible Iceland Gull (this bird was a second year bird with pink
feet, dirty brown/white wing tips, pink bill with black tip. This bird
was larger than a ring-billed smaller than a Herring Gull but was
closer in size to a ring-billed)
1 Northern Pintail
20 A. Coots (on Boyd Lake)
15 Common Goldeneye
The possible Icelands Gull was on the East side of the reservior both
in air and in the water. The possible Icelands Gull was really
noticeable because of its smaller size and white to brown wing tips,
it took of with a flock of Herring and Ring-billed Gulls.
Skyler Bol
Ft. Collins CO