Hi gang.  The male Varied Thrush has been appearing in our yard under a big
spruce for the last couple mornings, eating dried meal worms from For The
Birds.  If you would like to try for him, the best spot for viewing is standing
under the front porch of our house (141 E. 16th St.) looking west into the yard
at the area in front of the doghouse under the big spruce. Walking around on
the hill between our house and Main Street will most likely spook the bird away
so it is best to drive in, park in the hatchery lot, and slowly approach the
front of our house from the hatchery side, peering around the snowball bush as
you enter the little driveway. Best viewing has been 7:30AM to about 9:00 AM.
Feel free to e-mail me if you're not familiar with the hatchery area.

Riley Morris
Durango, CO