About an hour ago, a Snowy Owl circled low around my yard and alfalfa field,
then flew off south, following Weld County Road 5 flying fast toward, I
imagine, Union Res. I was able to get a really good look at it as it was flying
fairly low to the ground, below the power lines. Probably about 20-30 feet
above my head.

Highland Lake is thick with geese and some other water fowl. I don't have
enough of a trained eye to tell what kinds they all are. The majority, of
course are Canada Geese, but there are others that appear to be darker and
slightly different markings. At one point yesterday, almost all of them were on
the shore lines, all around the whole lake. A couple of kids stopped and they
took off for the west and north, northwest shores.

Pauli Smith
Highlandlake/Mead, Weld