Lisa and I birded San Luis Lake while the kids played on the dunes. I recently
heard that they will not fill San Luis Lake, so the water is very low with lots
of shoreline and mudflats. Birding was good with the following:

Baird's Sandpiper
Least sandpiper
Western Sandpiper

Bonapartes, Ring-billed and Franklins Gulls

Many ducks but still waiting for the grebes to show up. Its amazing to see what
birds are "suddenly there" when the winds become tolerable...

John Rawinski
Monte Vista