Decided to hit up Cherry Creek State Park this evening, spent an hour & a
half birding various spots through the park. Had 34 species, all the
usuals, including some Cherry-Creek First of Seasons for me - White-faced
Ibis, American Avocet, Western Grebe, White-crowned Sparrow, Brown-headed
Cowbird, Black-crowned Night-Heron.

Highlights for me included a small group of SEVEN Eared Grebes - caught me
off guard because I had been seeing 'solo' Horned Grebe here and there the
previous weeks. The EAGR were seen close to shore on the dam side of the
Marina.  I saw some very cooperative Brewer's Blackbirds (male & female)
mixed in with a flock of Brown-headed Cowbirds, Common Grackles, and
European Starlings (@ Lake Loop).  White-faced Ibis were seen from
south-west side of reservoir, close to the newly closed off Swim beach area.

Also, special thanks to Kay Niyo for giving me a heads up on the
Ring-necked Pheasant being present in the park, prevented a heart attack
from seeing a hen cross the road right in front of my car.

Tom Pollock
Aurora,CO